The Tennessee Library for the Blind & Physically Handicapped (TLBPH) has audio books related to many of these figures:
- My Turn: The Memoirs of Nancy Reagan by Nancy Reagan with William Novak.
- Call Me Anna: The Autobiography of Patty Duke by Patty Duke with Kenneth Turan.
- TLBPH doesn’t have a biography of Morley Safer, but we do have Flashback: On Returning to Vietnam, by Safer which recalls his time in the war-torn country in the 1960s and a one-week visit he made to the renewed country in 1989.
- The Greatest: My Own Story, by Muhammad Ali with Richard Durham is also available in braille. The audio format is also available in Spanish.
- John Glenn: A Memoir, by John Glenn with Nick Taylor.
- TLBPH has several memoirs/autobiographies by Arnold Palmer available, including: Go For Broke: My Philosophy of Winning Golf with William Barry Furlong, which is also available in braille; A Golfer’s Life with James Dodson; and A Life Well Played: My Stories. The last title is a commercial recording narrated by Rich Lerner, but the introduction is narrated by Palmer himself.
- David Bowie: Out of the Cool and The Man Who Sold the World, were both written by Peter Goddard.
- Scalia: A Court of One, by Bruce Allen Murphy.
- Mockingbird: A Portrait of Life with Harper Lee by Charles J. Shields.
- Sum It Up: 1,098 Victories, a Couple of Irrelevant Losses, and a Life in Perspective, by Pat Summitt with Sally Jenkins.
- A Broken Hallelujah: Rock and Roll, Redemption and the Life of Leonard Cohen by Liel Leibovitz.
- Fidel Castro: My Life, A Spoken Autobiography by Fidel Castro with Ignacio Ramonet.
TLBPH is a division of the Tennessee State Library & Archives and the Office of Tennessee Secretary of State Tre Hargett. For more information on eligibility to borrow books from TLBPH, and what is available, see: http://www.sos.tn.gov/tsla/lbph.
The Tennessee State Library and Archives is a division of the Tennessee Department of State and Tre Hargett, Secretary of State